A reminder that your blog will be marked in it’s entirety at the end of the semester. Coupled with your final reflection (due Jan 24), this will make up 10% of your final mark. Please make sure your blog is up to date with general blog posts and all required assignments. Your blog should be an overview of your semester – things you have experienced, learned and questions it may have brought up.
Things we will be looking for:
- complete (all required posts)
- visually appealing
- easy to navigate
- All pages are complete: About me, Certifications, Experience
- Posts include photos/videos
Also, don’t forget to check the post below for all required assignments. You term is worth 70% and the final 30% is broken down as follows:
10% final employer evaluation
10% exit resume & employer thank you
10% blog & final reflection
It was great to see everyone at our final in-class yesterday. You did a great job with the grade 8’s. It is our hope that as we near the end of the semester, you can reflect on the essential employability skills that you have developed over the semester, and work to use them not only in future jobs, but also in your school work.
A reminder of your to-do list:
- Journal #4 was due on Monday
- Employer Thank You – please submit your rough copy and then once we return it to you on Google Classroom, pick up a card in the co-op mailbox to write your good copy. Once that is complete, please give it to your employer(s). This was due on Wednesday.
- Exit Resume – update your resume to include co-op experience and any other new experiences since you last updated it. Submit on Google Classroom. This was due on Wednesday.
- Final Journal Reflection Due January 24th
- 4-credit/veteran employability skills assignment Due Monday January 15th
- Make sure log sheets are up to date
Please speak with your employers ASAP about the change to our schedule on Friday to accommodate the Winter Talent Show. You need to have a discussion with them to see what works best for that day.
P1 – 8:55 – 9:30
P2 – 9:30 – 10:05
Break 10:05 – 10:15
P3 – 10:15 – 10:50
P4 – 10:50 – 11:25
Lunch 11:25 PM – 12:10 PM
**Assembly 12:10 – 2:40 PM
2:40-2:50 Gather belongings and have a wonderful/safe break!
Students taking 4-credit co-op or veterans of the program are reminded of their Employability Skills Assignment. As mentioned in class last week, you also have the option to complete the following Employability Skills Reflection in place of sharing the information in a different form.
Regardless of which option you choose to complete, it is due at the January 8th in-class.
Some of the journal reflections that have been submitted recently are lacking in terms of detail and evidence of thoughtful reflection of your placement. Once you pick your essential skill to focus on, consider the following:
o What is this skill?
o How have you used it in the past?
o How have you been developing it at your placement?
o How can you continue to develop it?
o How useful is it to future studies?
o How relevant is it to a future career in your chosen field?