CO-OP Students were asked to name what qualities make a great employee – the graphic above is the result. The larger the word, the more people who thought that was important.
We hope everyone had a nice extended weekend. Here is your reminder about upcoming deadlines:
- Log sheets from last week are due today
- Check-in question regarding your final project is due today
- Career Research Assignment is due at our in class on Monday April 9. Don’t leave this until the last minute. You may choose to submit as a poster, slide show etc.
- If you have not yet returned your first employer evaluation, please do so ASAP. Ask your employer about it if needed.
We have had another great week of visits and have enjoyed meeting your employers and seeing your workplace. At this point, most of your employers have been given the first employer evaluation form. Please remind them to complete and return this assessment.
There are a few students who still owe Week #3 logs (from the week before March Break) as well as the first journal reflection.
Coming up next week:
- Log # 4 is due on Tuesday March 27th
- Check-in question is due on Google Classroom by Tuesday March 27th
Coming up in April:
- Your Career Research Assignment is due at the April 9th in class. It can be completed as a poster, slide show, video or other format of your choice.
If you are interested in taking a two day course to become certified in Mental Health First Aid, please see Mrs. Waldick. This is an excellent course, and would benefit students heading away to college/university or those who intend to pursue a career working with people.
“Mental Health First Aid is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem, experiencing the worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Just like physical first aid is provided until medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate support is found or until the crisis is resolved.” Visit Mental Health First Aid Canada for more information.
There have also been a number of announcements regarding spring sports – if you are interested in playing, be sure to seek out the coach for more details.